Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor (Alternative Investments). Working closely with Team Leader, the person will manage a team of a few financial professionals and take part in preparation of stand-alone accounting and financial reporting under various accounting standards. As a people manager, Supervisor will assist in motivating, giving instruction and monitoring of performance of colleagues in the team.
- A strong understanding of accounting practices and standards
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in full general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background, including proven team management track record
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA (qualified or part qualified) is an advantage
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French as an additional asset
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables such as GL / financial reporting / consolidation (scope of work includes mix or selected tasks)
- Independent review of work prepared by team members ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of deliverables
- Developing and maintaining strong familiarity with accounting standards (i.e. IFRS / US GAAP)
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing of team members providing feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process
- Promotion of positive team atmosphere through leadership, effective communication and professionalism
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team
- Ensuring adherence to all established procedures, best practices and internal controls