Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Start your career with BBH and learn firsthand about our services, culture, financial services industry and contribute to the development projects in Financial Services Sector. We put a lot of care into our internship programs as they help us identify our future hires and leaders. During the internship you will join Quality Management department as a Test Intern working on test automation and manual testing as well. You will be part of the Team which supports the developers in delivering high quality software testing services. Your tasks will involve analyzing requirements, building from simple to complex test scripts, active usage of tools like qTest, JIRA and attending daily stand ups with projects stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Analysis of Business requirements/development tasks in JIRA – understanding the scope of the required test validations that should be performed
- Test scripts creation – developing test cases based on best practices and their management in qTest tool
- Design and Innovation – preparing and presenting to the Team proposals for improvements of the architecture, technology or work organization
- Cross Team cooperation – working with other Quality Management teams, Business users, Change Management and Developers to ensure the best possible support to ongoing projects
- Daily Stand up meetings attendance – becoming an active member of the Team, staying on top of any changes in either requirements or dev approach
- 3rd, 4th or 5th year students of Computer Science or related field and/or with equivalent work experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Programming skills (preferably Java).
- Automated tests knowledge/practical skills would be a plus
- Knowledge of Agile/waterfall project management methodology would be a plus
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
- A high level of written and spoken English as you will be communicating with colleagues from our global offices daily
Nice to have:
- General QA knowledge.
- SQL skills.
- Selenium WebDriver skills.
- Webservices, networking knowledge.
- Build automation tool skills (preferably Maven).
- Version Control Systems knowledge (preferably Git).
Internship duration: 6 months
What We Offer:
- Paid internship which lasts 6 months
- Flexible working hours, we adjust to your student’s plan
- Opportunity to gain IT, finance knowledge, and much more
- Training opportunities and dynamic career development
- Daily interaction with team members across the globe
- Software development of systems which process multi-million dollar operations
- Cutting edge technologies
- Possibility of being hired for permanent positions or take part in second Internship in different department
- Comprehensive onboarding program, training mentoring program and ongoing career development
- Modern office with an entertainment and leisure zone (i.e. ping-pong, billiards, PlayStation, library and massage room)
- Multicultural, dynamic environment (36 nationalities)