Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources team and support our service delivery line of business. In this role you will also serve as a point of contact on questions and issues from Supervisors and Managers and Partners. You will be expected to answer questions, advise LOB management on policies and procedures and make recommendations to solve HR related matters. You will collaborate with the HR Centers of Knowledge to coordinate all facets of HR which includes requisition processes, compensation recommendations, changes to job titles and grades, year end reporting, annual appraisals or talent identification.
Key responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Sr. HRBP, support execution and implementation of HR strategies, which support the Line of Business goals.
- Support Sr. HRBP in advising LOB managers on HR programs, processes and initiatives such as Performance Management, Compensation, promotions etc.
- Consult with appropriate HR Specialist on LOB issues ranging from salary recommendations, staffing and training as needed.
- Act as first level support for Employee Relations issues ; Partner with ER team to stay appraised of any issues and escalate as needed
- Oversee/Manage the administration of HR transactions for the LOB (i.e. reqs, terms, re-orgs, job changes etc
- Serves as a point of contact on HR questions and issues raised by LOB supervisors and HRDirect.
- Coordinates various information requests and works with HRIS to create custom reports for LOB needs.
- Collaborate with the Employee Relations team to identify potential issues identified during the exit process.
- Oversee/Manage Career Progression program with the business by advising on process and application; responsible for tracking progressions
- Oversee/Manage the maintenance and upkeep of job family structures within the LOBs supported
- Play an active role in year-end compensation planning: advising LOB planners on compensation guidelines, timeframes, partnering with Compensation to produce reporting, etc
- Position requires 5+ years of relevant HR experience
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Some experience developing, building and maintaining strong business partnerships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Effective leadership, communication, organizational and change management skills
- Ability to execute HR solutions to business issues
- Knowledge of Human Resources functions and processes
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others