Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a KYC Data & Documentation Senior Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the processing of all internal and external enquires and other related tasks for the funds for which BBH acts as Registrar. Your knowledge of Transfer Agency processes and fund industry will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. To be successful, you’ll need to present very good communication and client service skills, be a detailed oriented person and able to adjust to fast changing environment.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with TA Reassessment Team and contact investors for AML KYC documentation.
- Ensure attention to deadlines and timeframes required to satisfy AML KYC requirements for the investor.
- Assist the Manager / Team Leader / Supervisor in overseeing the day-to-day activities of the department
- Validate and approve related tasks including but not restricted to client reporting
- Effectively handle special processing situations including exceptions that require strong oversight
- Ensure the preparation of any mailings required for internal or external vendors
- Keep Errors and Omissions at a strict minimum at all times and ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this proofed and suggest changes or amendments procedures and service standards, as identified
- Complete month end reporting internally and externally
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives (attend to presentations, work sessions & personal effort) and educate clients continually through presentations
- Establish solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations as well as inter departmental
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant banking experience
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Ability to multitask and to manage competing priorities given broad portfolio of clients
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to adapt to change and problem solving
- Good knowledge of standard Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others