AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization was established as one of the key elements of new operating model for AbbVie to provide accurate financial accounting and reporting for all affiliates and business units. The FSS center for EMEA region is based in Krakow, Poland and is serving as a chief accounting and controllership function for all affiliates and manufacturing plants in the region, providing support in USGAAP accounting, tax and statutory compliance and reporting and in selected FP&A and order to cash processes. The center was established in 2013.
Regional Accounting and Reporting Manager (RARM) is responsible for managing the team and finance cluster from operational perspective, addressing key risks and ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
RARM manages and coordinates month end close, supporting the team and being a key contact person for critical issues for Affiliates. RARM is also responsible for team management (including team development, performance assessment, backup structure, work assignment).
The role includes:
- processes optimization on EMEA-wide level – addressing process opportunities via suggesting ways to eliminate complexity and simplify processes (standardization, simplification, automation)
- addressing process risks on EMEA-wide level via suggesting ways to correct accounting issues across EMEA Affiliates.
- Review changes to chart of accounts and accounts usage to ensure consistency
- Review key account reconciliations and drive improvement action plan
- Manage, coordinate and review the financial close process for the cluster
- Implement the corporate reporting requirements in the region
- Play a critical role in the preparation of financials. Activities include, but not limited to, completing disclosures/GAAP checklist and notes
- Account for special projects, e.g. acquisitions, investments, disposals, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate controlling master data updates
- Review financial and accounting analysis involving complex transactions including
but not limited to revenue recognition, gross to net, leasing, fixed asset activity, intercompany activity and cost allocations
- Research and resolve discrepancies and technical accounting issues as necessary
- Work closely with personnel in all departments to ensure compliance with company accounting and operational guidelines as well as GAAP
- Assist in audit preparation and all other projects assigned
- Propose accounting treatment in line with Corporate policies for complex transactions
- Coordinate Balance Sheet, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Entity Planning processes in the cluster; prepare or review variance analysis between actual and plan financial data
- Work in close partnership with the Finance Director/s of assigned affiliate/s to ensure integrity of the ledgers and full compliance with Accounting Policies
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of the process
- Review of quarterly B/S comments for US GAAP reporting compliance
- Support Operating Model Integration
- Team management including supervising the work of (Senior) Record to Report Accounting Leads and Analysts (including remote employees) by providing guidance and process expertise
- Perform employee selection, appraisal and performance feedback. Maintain good employee relations through effective communications. Provide leadership, coaching and training to personnel.
- Providing guidance and process expertise to the team
- Assuring people development
A driven, energetic person with very strong accounting expertise, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders, multitask and meet fixed deadlines. Experienced people manager.
- Master’s Degree with an accounting or finance
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting, planning and financial analysis
- Experience in an international environment - pharma sector is a plus
- ACCA/CPA qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in managing 5+ teams
- Strong US GAAP Accounting
- Professional proficiency of English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are required
- Ability to integrate perspectives with strong sense of ownership and focus on results
- Project management and change management experience
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and practical application of Continuous Process Improvements methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects