General Accounting Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working in the finance team in the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in the largest center located in Krakow, helping to prepare accounting studies and financial reports by completing accounting activities recording financial transactions.
Reporting to the General Accounting Team Leader you will provide key support to the business, applying relevant accounting techniques and standards to identify and resolve issues.
This position reports to
General Accounting Team Leader
- Performing General Accounting activities, completing specific month-end close tasks, clearing errors, executing accounting analyses and reports as assigned
- Ensuring the production of reports (e.g. Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing and application of funds)
- Applying accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions to solve unusual issues
- Participating in internal control testing and preparing relevant documentation
- Assisting in developing and implementing processes and procedures
- Participating in global projects where process improvement will be an asset
- Supporting the management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in General Accounting (General Ledger/Financial Reporting/Fixed Assets)
- Practical knowledge of an ERP system (SAP, Oracle)
- Good user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills (functions, pivot table)
- Understanding of General Ledger, financial accounting, reporting, controlling, internal control or investment
- Proficiency in business English
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to work with deadlines and stress situations
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance or business are a strong plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
- Life insurance
- Commute Refund
- Luxmed Health Care
- Multikafeteria & Additional Perks