Aon Sp. z o.o.
CoverWallet, an Aon company, is the leading digital insurance platform for small and medium-sized businesses. We are dedicated to making insurance simple, fast and convenient so that businesses around the world can get the protection they need and get back to what matters most - growing and managing their business. Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology,
CoverWallet is reinventing the $200 billion commercial insurance market for small and medium-sized businesses. We have built an incredible team of 300+ people across New York, Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla and Singapore. As a part of Aon, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions with 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries.
We're looking for a Tech Director, to be part of the Engineering team whose mission is to build a global and multi-tenant platform for insurance business at Aon.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Continue leading the efforts on building a team in our office in Poland
- Contribute to the team culture of the startup
- Manage a group of more senior/lead engineers
- Responsible for team growth and retention in the company
- Mentor engineers and guide them in their career path
- Provide vision and leadership for the technical group
- Establish policies and guidelines regarding the creation, implementation, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance of code
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Own architecture and design of core technology and software
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development
- Create and deliver detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Coordinate with other non-tech areas and ease cross-work
How this opportunity is different
CoverWallet has the mentality and culture of a high-growth startup with the backing and support of a global multinational company.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Large experience leading teams of software developers
- Mastery of Agile development methodologies
- Expertise as a Software Engineer
- Clean code principles
- Excellent English communication skills
- Team player
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
NB. Dependant on regional requirements, please include specific benefits where applicable and relevant accommodation criteria and enhanced equal opportunities statement.