Data Engineer, People Analytics
Human Resources (HR)
Job Reference #
Kraków, Pune, Wroclaw
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you enjoy creating valuable insights with data? Do you want to play a key role in co-creating cutting edge data science insights and products that drive quantifiable business impact in an ethical, agile, and sustainable way?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to:
• Understand, represent, and advocate for client needs in the design and implementation of our solutions
• Co-conceptualize and iteratively build datasets to test hypotheses and serve as input for predictive models
• Engineer reliable data pipelines for sourcing, processing, distributing, and storing data in different ways, using data platform infrastructure effectively
• Understand and apply a range of data engineering techniques like data sourcing, data normalization, data cleaning etc.
• Keep data quality at the forefront, while still ensuring efficiency, security, and reliability of our solutions
• Be an advocate for best practices and continued learning
You’ll be part of the People Analytics team and based out of India or Poland. We are a global team partnering with HR professionals to support senior business clients across the whole of UBS solving problems which are complex and strategic. Our solutions may require sophisticated analysis techniques with large and complex datasets that are used to perform predictive modelling, text analysis, data mining and custom visualization. The team includes Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers as well as others with a range of complementary skill sets who together can take on almost any People Analytics problem.
• Bachelor or master's degree focusing on computer engineering, computer science or related field
• 3+ years of data engineering experience
• Fluent in Python and object-oriented programming
• Experience in database management (SQL, MS Access) and VBA
• Experience with cloud providers like Azure
• Experience with Agile working and ceremonies plus Gitlab management
• Basic software engineering skills
• Curious to learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
• Strong communicator, critical thinker and collaborator
• HR experience a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."