Market and Treasury Risk Analyst - UBS CH / P&C / GWM
Job Reference #
Are you interested in a career in Risk Control, focusing on treasury and market risks? Are you curious about how the bank manages and controls the interest rate and structural balance sheet risks inherent in its deposit and lending activities? Do you work well in a team? If so, you may be interested in our open position; we are looking for someone to:
• develop a deep understanding of the treasury and market risks generated by the Global Wealth Management (GWM) and Personal & Corporate Banking (P&C) divisions and how they are hedged with Group Treasury and the Investment Bank, with a particular focus on the interest rate risk and associated net interest income risk that is retained in the divisions
• ensure that market risks are properly transferred and where risks are retained by GWM and P&C, ensure that they are adequately measured, made transparent and remain within risk limits
• comment on net interest income risk developments in risk reports for the Group and the main legal entities
• monitor and comment on notable balance sheet developments driven by GWM and P&C
• liaise with business and risk managers within GWM and P&C as well as Group Treasury
• assess the implications of new business initiatives and regulatory-driven projects (e.g., Libor transition) on the market and treasury risk control of GWM and P&C
You’ll be working within Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC) in the GWM, P&C and UBS Switzerland AG team out of Krakow. Your role as Risk Control Specialist will be to oversee the market and treasury risks in GWM and P&C, monitor adherence to the corresponding risk limits, contribute to regular risk reports, and participate in a number of business- and regulatory-driven projects. On a daily basis you will work together with MTRC Balance Sheet Analytics, other Market & Treasury Risk Control functions, Group Risk Control, Finance, Group Treasury as well as liaise with partner functions in Global Wealth Management and Personal & Corporate Banking.
• a university degree in economics, finance or a quantitative discipline
• experience with risk management / risk control in fixed income capital markets, or in a treasury or market risk function at a financial institution
• good understanding of financial markets, products and risk management strategies and experience with sensitivity, scenario and statistical risk measures such as VaR
• accounting knowledge and basic programming and automation skills would be a plus
• fluent in English and succinct in both verbal and written communication
• team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a fast paced environment of a global team.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."