Big Data and Python/PySpark Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you excited by Cloud technology? Do you want to design and build the next generation of business applications using the latest technologies? Are you keen on turning business requirements into working IT prototypes and solutions? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We are looking for Python with PySpark Engineer experienced with Databricks and Azure to:
• provide technical solutions that will solve business problems at scale and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• collaborate with our business partners in the creation of functional specifications for the Group Treasury Technology
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern technologies
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new cloud native solutions and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• plan and implement improvements to architecture, performance and security of the system
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology as part of the Poland division in Cracow. We provide Technology solutions for the bank's Liquidity and Funding as well as Asset and Liability Management lines of business. We support our business partners managing, controlling and optimizing the capital, liquidity and funding across the bank and its legal entities.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our team based in Zurich, London, Cracow and Pune as we embark on a journey to build a new business critical application at scale.
As an engineer, you will play a significant role in creating cloud native efficient solutions from scratch and you will gain the opportunity to work at the edge of Today’s technologies limits!
• 5+ years of total experience working as a software engineer including scripting and testing
• 3+ years of experience working with Big Data (Databricks, Spark) and Azure good to have
• Hands on of experience programming in Python producing secure and clean code
• Analytical mindset to help define tasks and cooperate with a product owner and the IT business
• Experienced designing solutions on a large scale for enterprise environment based on Azure
• Excellent understanding of data modelling, SQL and OLAP principles
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative relationships
• Advanced English level
• A degree in computer science or related field and experience in the financial industry
• AZ-204 "Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate" or any advanced Azure would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."