Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Global Business Integration team ensures that BBH successfully integrates and on-boards new clients or products as part of provider transitions or selections. The Business Integration Leads acts as the project director for small to medium sized client on-boarding engagements or as a work stream lead for more complex projects. S/he is the pivot point between BBH’s clients and BBH’s internal Service Delivery/Systems community. S/he works closely with BBH Client Service Managers, Change Management and Relationship Managers to form a strong impression of the client experience by acting as a project “quarterback” for transitions and launches.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
- Manage the four phases of a client on-boarding event (Discovery, Planning, Execution, Day 2 Handover), which includes documenting a detailed Scope of work and project plan (and other associated project artifacts, e.g., agendas, minutes, workflow diagrams, etc.) for all areas impacted at BBH and the client
- Own and maintain project plan across all necessary work streams and business areas (e.g., change management, fund accounting, custody, fund administration, transfer agency, reporting, technology, legal, etc.)
- Provide ongoing support to the project steering committee by tracking and resolving issues throughout the life of a project
- Drive and oversee an effective project governance process
- Chair effective project meetings (e.g., stakeholder meetings, client discussions, third party workshops, steering committees, etc.)
- Manage client / third party queries and track/resolve issues in conjunction with BBH teams
- Participate in internal and external client workshops/meetings to gather, understand, and document project goals, workflows, business needs, gaps, and opportunities
- Conduct business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives; determine how changing business needs will affect the system or product; accurately communicate the business need and potential solution in terms that team members can understand and drive the BBH Project Team to reach decisions.
- Recognize patterns in complex information across multiple service areas and identify key issues.
- Remain cognizant of potential BBH capability challenges (servicing, technology, general readiness) exposed by the new and different and escalate to project sponsors.
- Assist with the development and documentation of proposed solutions to fill gaps where relevant
- Coordinate and work effectively with colleagues across the Service Delivery and RE Pillars; leverage influence across business areas and project team members to drive toward a common goal
- Act as primary interface with Clients and third party contacts from existing service provider(s)
- Coordinate client requirements and timeframes with Custody, Systems and others
- Act as the primary client contact during the on-boarding event.
- Participate in and present to Project Executive Steering Committee(s)
Operating Model Review
- For defined projects, document workflows and functional models depicting operational and technical processes in conjunction with business and technology teams.
- Define end-to-end process and trade flow from client to BBH in conjunction with BBH business and technology teams, including transition through parallel period to production; coordinate with all parties as required
- In conjunction with Client Service Manager and/or Relationship Manager, present process and technology improvement recommendations to client as relevant/necessary
- BS/BA degree preferably in a business, finance, or accounting related concentration and/or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
- 5 to 7+ years related work experience.
- Financial Services industry knowledge and experience required; knowledge of BBH very strongly preferred.
- Background in Custody, Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency or relationship/client service support areas preferred; broad understanding of the key roles assumed by Custodians, Fund Accountants, Fund Administrators, and Transfer Agency expected.
- Basic understanding of and exposure to project management principles, practices, tools and techniques.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Access, Project, VBA for Excel or Access a plus (not required).
- Project skills: organization, discipline, project lifecycle and delivery, leadership, comfort with directing others and leading virtual teams.
- Independence: drive, ownership and follow through
- Creativity: problem solving, lateral thinking, strong intellectual curiosity and capability; asks questions; forward looking - sees beyond the immediate/obvious; connects topics, sees themes/trends, etc.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: juggle multiple priorities, positive attitude; poised, composed, respectful and confident in the face of challenges; strong ability to grasp and master new skills quickly; unafraid of change
- Communication: excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with negotiation and influencing; notable relationship building skills; capable of leading rooms of peers, superiors & subordinates – internal or external – with appropriate influence, edge and authority; comfortable with respectfully assuming control.
What We Offer
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others