Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Ops Intermediate Specialist Funds Transfer Client Service. The Ops Intermediate Specialist Funds Transfer Client Service is responsible for resolving Funds Transfer inquiries and breaks related to wire transfers. These items are received directly from external clients, other departments or through break reporting. This includes researching within the system, seeking advice from coworkers and contacting BBH’s correspondents. The incumbent will be expected to provide excellent client service through exceptional written and verbal communication, timely resolution turnarounds and quality results. This position requires a high degree of sensitivity to client needs and issues as well as a desire for getting to the bottom of things.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of one or more product areas within Operations and its process
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through effective verbal and written skills
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proactive self-starter who is detail and goal oriented
- Enthusiastic, ability to engage others and strong champion of change
- Desire to improve operational procedures
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Provide superior client service through excellent written and verbal communications with the client or BBH employee
- Keep the client informed via periodic status updates (generally in Inquiry Manager) throughout the life of the inquiry particularly for items going over multiple days
- Ensure responses are completed before or within established turn around time standards set by FT Management
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, coworkers and BBH’s correspondents at all levels in order to be able to provide excellent client service and quality responses
- Ensure all established FT deadlines and regulatory requirements are being met
- In timely manner, investigate and resolve cases received via Inquiry Manager, swift, fax, phone or break reporting. These inquiries have a wide range of complexity. They can require the specialist to simply provide a copy of an instruction or it can require the specialist to investigate a potential error and recommend corrective action
- The specialist needs to thoroughly investigate the client’s inquiry, providing them a resolution and ensure the appropriate corrective transactions are executed if necessary. S/he should use all available resources such as Keystone, TLM, Merva or BIDS to find the solution
- When necessary, the specialist should involve and interact with other BBH departments to resolve the item
- As inquiries may remain open over several days, it is necessary to be detail oriented and follow up on open inquiries in a timely manner. This follow up consists of providing the client status updates as well as ensuring the BBH’s correspondents are providing any necessary information to resolve the item in a timely manner
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure to the firm and client