Trade & Export Finance Specialist
Personal & Corporate Banking
Job Reference #
Would you like to help us enhance our client experience, now and for the future? Are you client orientated with high risk awareness? Do you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced team? Are you looking for a role with a global organization?
In Group Operations we are the experts in how the firm operates. Our vision is to always enhance the client experience now and for the future. To succeed our people need:
• put clients first. Build a high level of trust and partnership with our clients
• deliver excellence in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• drive the organization forward by working with purpose and passion
• execute the processes and controls you are responsible for in a timely, accurate and compete manner
• understand the risks associated with your business and function
• ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and statutory requirements and with internal polices and contracts.
• processing letters of credit (issuances, amendments, document checking and payments)
• timely execution and proper monitoring of transactions
• applying the relevant transaction due diligence/compliance rules in order to avoid reputational and financial risks
You’ll be working in the Trade Finance Team in Wroclaw and supporting the Trade Finance units in Switzerland (locations in Zurich, Geneva and Lugano). We are responsible for the accurate and timely processing of standard and non-standard transactions in the Trade & Export Finance area. This includes collaborating closely with Trade Finance colleagues in Switzerland and other internal partners as well as external clients. Your key objective will be the handling of Letter of Credit transactions for internationally operating clients.
• able to think creatively, flexibly, and logically to solve problems
• fluent in English (very good written German, French or Italian is a plus)
• detail oriented and able to work effectively under time pressure
• solid users of MS Office applications
• knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits Publication No. 600, International Standby Practice ISP98, Uniform Rules for Bank-to-Bank Reimbursements under Documentary Credits URR 725
• min. 3 years of experience in Import/Export Letters of Credit processing, incl. examination and checking of documents drawn under Import and Export Letters of Credit.
• certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists (CDCS) is a plus
• strong analytical skills
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."