Business Risk Management Analyst
Business management, administration and support, Management and Business Support, Risk
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Do you have a strong wealth management background? Are you interested in changing the risk culture? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment? If so, we need your help in shaping our risk narrative and supporting materials.
As Business Risk Analyst and Third Party Vendor Management Champion you will support the broader BRM team in fulfilling its remit. You will work closely with the business area and group function BRMs, GWM ex-US BRMs, counterparts across the Combined US Operations (“CUSO”) and the 2nd LOD which includes Group Risk Control, C&ORC, and Legal.
A. Business Risk Analyst - Role and Responsibilities (50%)
• conduct Process Analysis, focusing on control effectiveness.
• data mining and analysis from different events repositories (Operational Risk Events, Remediation Action Plans, etc.)
• improve our own processes and support the team delivery: Identify ways to eliminate, automate, and optimize our team processes to create efficiency, reduce risk and improve the client experience
• support the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), identifying, assessing & reporting the risk (Inherent Risk, Residual Risk) and control environment.
• coordinate responses from key stakeholders for regulatory, audit enquiries and other significant remediation efforts
B. Third Party Vendor Management Champion - Role and Responsibilities (50%)
• champion US WM adherence to Third Party Risk Management Framework and Functional/divisional VRF role
• provide support service to US WM Vendor Management role holders such as Vendor Relationship Managers and Vendor Contract Managers to help them understand their obligations related to Vendor Management Framework
• support validation of US WM contracts population. Investigate, follow up and resolve flagged control items, data quality issues and inconsistencies in contract database in a timely manner.
• collaborate with stakeholders to challenge and suggest improvements to the Vendor Risk Framework
• review and analyze quarterly Segmentation process i.e. contract risk rating
• monitor compliance to Third Party Risk Management Framework and ensure minimum standards are met and in case breaches are identified, escalate to the proper governance channels.
• support ad hoc process improvement or process change projects
• coordinate and assess Key Performance Controls testing
• evaluate and mitigate risks, escalate to team manager when issues arise, or deadlines /targets are at risk of being missed
The Offshore Business Risk Management team is accountable for the front to back risk profile of the US WM business. That includes effective risk governance and oversight; execution of operational risk framework elements; enablement of business growth and change balancing risk impact; and strengthening the risk management awareness and culture.
• fluency in spoken and written English
• bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study required (i.e. Industrial or Systems Engineering)
• 3+ years of work experience in operational risk management, regulatory or audit reviews
• team-orientated mindset with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage conflict and pressure in a demanding environment
• ability to be flexible and capable of prioritizing based on business demands
• proactive, self-driven, strong work ethics, attention to detail and high-quality standards
• excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate complex issues
• analytical and enjoy problem-solving
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."