Group CTO - Tech Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The opportunity is for a hands-on engineer to join a team of 10 equally passionate technologists.
• Build a proprietary tool to deliver Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) to UBS's suite of 1400+ enterprise applications developed by 3500+ developers.
• Learn top development skills at the internal tool team
• Be a developer advocate for CI/CD & DevOps across the wider organisation.
• Be passionate about improving developer experience and making it easy to do the right thing
• Communication and advocacy are also key – you will sell by word and example: CI/CD, everything as code & DevOps as philosophy
• Be a part of re-engineering a large-scale system to leverage containers and cloud technologies with Azure and Kubernetes and bring them to other development teams to use
• Develop cloud native application on AKS
You will be working in the CTO function partnering with the architect community within the Group Technology organization to transform the way we manage software development. Our global team is unifying existing programs that support the tools and processes used by our development community, aligning them to our Cloud adoption agenda and driving the creation a dynamic developer/engineering experience. We are passionately working towards recognition of UBS as the "employer of choice" for technical talent in the Financial Services industry.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Familiarity with server side code written in Java
• Experience with CI/CD toolset
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as code tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Vault)
• Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service, Helm)
• Unix / Windows command line tools knowledge
• Effective communicator able to influence others
• Passionate about DevOps and improving productivity of others
• Advocate of iterative, test-centric development practices and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."