Senior Financial Reporting Specialist
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged, and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Currently, we are looking for experienced candidates for the position of Senior Financial Reporting Specialist. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
This role will report into Financial Reporting Team Leader - Global Alliances & Licensing, however the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and develop financial reporting/business partnering skills with stakeholders varying in seniority, from analyst to Vice President. The role supports the Vaccines business within GSK.
Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing, and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 160 countries. GSK Vaccines have been helping protect people from serious disease since the 1950s, when we introduced our first polio vaccine. However, our vaccines help protect people from many other illnesses. We ask each of our employees to share our mission and to think about how they can help all those patients who rely on our products. We have been pioneering new solutions allowing us to make our products available to those who need them, wherever they live and whatever their ability to pay.
- Contract Management - Manage own portfolio of complex licensing agreements.
- Prepare summaries of royalty contracts, payment packs and deputise for Team Leader in their absence.
- Controls - Compliance of contractual financial reporting to 3rd parties and internal compliance with applicable Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Key contact for external audits.
- Month end processes - Prepare analysis and journals for monthly royalty accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, commentary, and Sarbanes Oxley control responsibilities.
- Forecasting and Budgeting - Prepare annual Budget royalty rates, royalty income, royalty expense and trade payables for your portfolio of products.
- Partnering with the Vaccines Business Development Director
- Cash flow and intangible assets reporting and analysis
- Relationship Management and Continuous Improvement - Develop business partnership and seek opportunities to drive process improvements and report standardization.
- Your goal will be to deliver a timely period end close. These activities will include analysis of entries, preparation & review of journals, balance sheet reconciliations etc
- Finance / Economy degree
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Understanding of accounting concepts such as double entry and accruals
- Awareness of IFRS
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- SAP experience beneficial – FI Module
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Our values and eexpectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture
- These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Supportive community and integration events
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers