Crew Technical Lead: LIFE – Liquidity & Forecasting Engine.
Poland, United Kingdom, United States
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Kraków, London, New York
Do you want to drive the engineering excellence of UBS products in alignment with our digital principles and technology strategy? Are you an ambassador of the new ways of working and culture? Do you enjoy creating an environment where pods dare to and feel encouraged to take responsibility for their own mission?
At UBS we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect people and the way we deliver value. We are moving forward with one consistent Agile@UBS approach with an agile mindset that applies across the firm. Reimagination requires courage to challenge our preconceptions. To innovate. To learn. To establish a new mindset. Join us on this exciting journey to make UBS a better place to work and a preferred partner for our clients.
In our agile operating model, Crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous Pods.
We’re looking for a Crew Technical Lead for our cloud based LIFE (Liquidity & Forecasting Engine) platform to:
• own together with the Crew Product Lead the overall quality of the crew’s products (pyLIFE, LIFEScaffold, LIFEReporting) including their operational health, client and internal user satisfaction, and the delivery of valuable outcomes
• formulate the crew's long-term vision, mission, strategy and quarterly objectives and key results as well as representing the crew in the quarterly business review
• lead the crew in agile practices, empowering and developing crew members, and striving for continuous improvement whilst making space for learning and innovation
• ensure best-in-class technical delivery of a family of products enabling excellent client journeys throughout their lifecycle
• manage stakeholders and take ownership of technical escalations, working to resolve issues, remove impediments and make the necessary technical improvements.
• line manage the (LIFE) chapter leads, partner closely with the Crew Product Lead, architects and control functions and collaborates across streams and divisions.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working with the LIFE team in Krakow, Zurich focusing on
- Buildout out the LIFE product which will ensure our Treasury has accurate data to make data-driven & timely decisions that steer UBS’s liquidity
- Build out of the LIFE product will eventually replace our in-house legacy on-prem systems
- Build out of the Liquidity model computations (ie: Big Data with lots of computation)
- Building out the Analytics & Reporting to provide timely insights to our Treasury business
• strong technology leadership (Java, Python, Big Data/Spark) skills as well as several years of experience with a significant budget and people management responsibility. Leadership in defining and building out a technology platform collaborating closely with the business & quant teams
• experience using & building out large data & computation on a modern cloud based stack (Spark, Databricks, etc)
• outstanding leadership skills promoting a diverse, inclusive and motivating environment for employees with autonomy to deliver, mastery of skills and purposeful work
• knowledgeable on information security, technology risks, operational resilience and automation, ensuring our technology meets non-functional requirements and complies with expected standards
• up to date with emerging technologies, open source, open standards and new practices, recognizing and realizing opportunities to enhance our technical approach
• ability to drive change across the organization and influence key stakeholders
• experience in leading, recruiting & retaining strong development teams
• experience in building & retaining strong partnerships with business stakeholders
• experience in successful platform build out of computation & analytics on the cloud
• Nice to have - experience in working closely with quants on model buildout and model delivery pipeline
• Nice to have - Working knowledge of Investment Banking Front Office trading products
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting United Kingdom
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."