Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens, and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
As an Intern in Payroll Team, you will support the team in their daily tasks, such as collecting and calculating payroll information for salaried and hourly employees across all European BBH locations, processing and verifying the accuracy of all payment processing, as well as tax filings. You will also assist in the coordination of all internal and external audits of payroll.
What we offer:
- Paid internship which lasts 6 months
- Flexible working hours, we adjust to your schedule
- Opportunity to be hired for a permanent position or to take part in a second internship in a different department
- Comprehensive onboarding program, training mentoring program and ongoing career development
- Modern office with an entertainment and leisure zone (i.e., ping-pong, billiards, PlayStation, library, and massage room)
- Multicultural, dynamic environment (36 nationalities)
- Support in our Global Payroll department
- Involvement in monthly payroll activities
- Preparation of reports and statistics
- Supporting the Team in the day-to-day work in all Payroll related matters
- Involvement in Payroll Projects
- Student of Economics, Administration (or similar), specialized in Human Resources or Finance/Accounting
- Availability for at least 24 hrs per week
- Very good analytical and mathematics skills
- Orientation to detail
- Good Command of English
- Practical education and first working experience would be an advantage
- Being dynamic, pro-active and show a result-oriented working manner
- High communication skills
- Knowledge in MS-Office (primarily Excel)