Economist - Quantitative Economist
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about macroeconomics, financial markets and current affairs? Does financial and economic modelling and forecasting excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop and implement solutions for analyzing large datasets of macroeconomic and financial data and methodologies for forecasting macroeconomic and financial variables under baseline and stress conditions
– construct alternative forecasts and scenarios for business planning and stress testing purposes, with a focus on forecasting financial indicators such as equity indices, interest rates and exchange rates for countries, sectors and regions
– demonstrate soundness of scenario assumptions by means of robust research and monitoring of political, macroeconomic and market developments
– interact with different teams across UBS for scenario analysis
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and resulting new developments
You’ll be working as part of the global Stress Methodology and Scenario Analysis team (SMSA) in Kraków. Our team is responsible for all aspects of stress testing and scenario analysis. The SMSA Forecasting and Scenario Methodology team's main focus is on modelling of global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of baseline and stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using a suite of econometric models and involve input from senior management and other experts within UBS. Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events.
– Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. economics, financial economics, econometrics, statistics).
– at least one year of experience in the financial industry, economic consultancy or research for Authorized Officer role
– experience involving quantitative economic analysis and/or quantitative finance for stress testing is a plus
– solid knowledge of econometric models used for forecasting financial variables
– knowledge of statistical modeling software (particularly Python)
– knowledge of LaTeX and R is a plus
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– structured, organized, and detail-oriented
– fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."