Data Analyst (M&A Data Analytics Team in Financial Advisory)
Who we are looking for
A passionate for Data Analytics, who is eager to develop skills by handling large financial data sets and using intelligent analytics solutions to optimize and generate data-driven insights for the Clients.
You are a perfect candidate for this role if you have:
- degree or studies in progress in a quantitative discipline (computer science preferred),
- strong attention to detail, reputation for completing tasks on-time and without errors,
- SQL, at least some experience with any major Cloud or on-prem databases (we work with different databases and SQL dialects, depending on the project),
- Dashboarding tool skills (Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Qlick or Pyton/R-based tooling for interactive dashboards).
It would be also great advantage if you have practical experience or interest in mastering skills in some of the tools below:
- Python / R,
- ETL tools (Airflow, Alteryx),
- database administration,
- basic Linux administration,
- Excel and VBA (we also welcome candidates who prefer to stay away from Excel and choose open source solutions instead),
- Git and platforms like GitLab or Bitbucket (we are on Azure DevOps).
Your future role
This is an excellent opportunity to grow or just kick-start your career in data analytics.
Join a friendly team of data professionals with huge impact on exciting Financial Advisory projects ranging from bank portfolio valuations through business insights systems informing investors about company performance in any stage of an M&A process, to building software tools for modern due diligence processes.
Main tasks will include:
- In order to empower data-driven decision making:
- Merge data from disparate sources, automate data flows and calculations,
- Clean and structure data, build data marts,
- Aggregate data, often at multiple levels, create and maintain OLAP cubes, participate in iterative design and implementation of data models,
- Test technical solutions, optimize for quality, automation and scaling
- Discover patterns and links in structured and unstructured datasets,
- Design and develop dashboards, visualizations and models in an iterative, Agile process,
- Collaborate on the Team code repositories,
- Support colleagues from other Teams with data-related challenges,
- Provide insights and advice based on data analysis – internally as well as for our clients.
What we offer
- Clear career path and Career Coach, who will guide you through the organization and your opportunities,
- Wide range of trainings and knowledge development opportunities, including financing of your certificates and workshops in a chosen career specialization,
- Challenging tasks with the freedom of action in your field,
- Friendly team atmosphere, flexible working set-up and excellent working conditions.
About the team
Financial Advisory – we are leader on the global scale in terms of closed transactions according to Mergermarket. We advise our clients on corporate finance, debt and capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, valuations, due diligence and restructuring.