Evidence Lab, Business Analyst – Alternative Data
Job Reference #
Are you a puzzle solver? Do you know how different pieces should work together to form the broader picture? Do you know how to form strong links between different parts of the organization? Are data and the processing of data interesting to you? If so we are looking for an energetic individual to join our team for fix term replacement contract. The perfect candidate would be a person with lots of perseverance and ideas to:
- transform structured and unstructured big data into actionable insights
- develop, maintain, and enhance high-quality data assets built from various sources.
- translate business requirements into project plans.
- participate in brainstorming meetings to design, execute, and deliver novel solutions that address investment debates.
- implement quality assurance and data quality checks to ensure the completeness, validity, consistency and integrity of data as it flows through the pipeline
- work closely with a global team of researchers, engineers, and business analysts on building innovative data solutions
You will be working within Evidence Lab in Krakow (Fabryczna Office Park) as part of the Product Development team. Evidence Lab creates insight-ready datasets to help clients around the world make better investment decisions. The Product Development team is a dedicated R&D unit within Evidence Lab that works to source and commercialize novel data assets and techniques.
- university degree, preferably in a data analysis related field e.g. statistics, economics or computer science or mathematics.
- an analytical mindset and a sharp eye for detail.
- the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- proficiency in Excel.
- working knowledge of SQL and relational data structures, such as database join concepts.
- experience with Python would be an advantage.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."