Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The HR Advisor is accountable for HR Advice support to employees for SBO Krakow, Poland. If you have a passion for people, a driver of continuous improvement and are motivated to create the best possible line manager experience, this could be a dream job!
The HR Advisor reports to the Team Lead HR Advice for Poland. The role is primary contact for leaders seeking HR advice in SBO Krakow, Poland consisting of ca.4500 employees. The role is an individual contributor role and is part of a team of HR Advisors that provide world class HR support to the business.
- Provide a great employee and line manager experience in SBO Krakow, Poland through timely advice on complex or sensitive (ER/IR, legal) HR matters (e.g. performance management, redundancy process, local legal requirements).
- Enable Employees and Line Managers to perform and develop their performance, engagement and potential and thus contribute to strengthen Shell employer brand.
- Liaise with HR experts to get input on complex cases in order to provide informed guidance
- Help preserve License To Operate at local level incl. positive ER/IR climate through strict adherence to Polish labour Code, local and global policies.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice and providing seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees. Queries may include, but not limited to: Exit/ Redundancy management; Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice (death and disability, local employee savings scheme, health insurance)
- Diagnose incoming request to establish needs of the line manager and/or employee; subsequently take ownership for resolution or determine correct routing to other part of the HR model.
- Liaise with HR experts (Compensation & Benefits, Central Learning, International Mobility, Payroll, ER/IR, etc.) to get input on complex cases in order to provide informed guidance
- Collaborate with and support global/local HR Business Partners and Consultants with change initiatives. This includes, but not limited to: Country-specific organization redesign implementation; business/function ramp-up or demobilization events, requiring cross-HR co-ordination e.g. Talent and International Mobility.
- Partner with line managers on most complex HR matters, provide operational as well as tactical HR support. For example, support line managers with performance management to heighten productivity; coach and support managers on team effectiveness strategies/resources.
- Provide guidance, coaching and practical expertise to Line Managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of his/her team and the individuals within it but also ensure HR related matters are correctly dealt with.
- Upon request, provide insight to line managers through analysis of data from Workday and other HR Systems.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
- Establish strong working relationship with colleagues in Poland and the COEs to ensure the team can effectively partner when situation requires (i.e. supporting ER/IR Manager for handling litigations case.)
What We Need from You?
You bring a Learner Mindset, a curiosity to learn and grow, learn from mistakes, successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
You have proven experience in effective partnering with a range of stakeholders/business partners. You have a solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business, supporting line managers with HR related matters, ideally experienced business facing roles in the past.
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills – ability to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights
- Advocacy and inquiry – able to ask quality questions
- Problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to formulate alternatives (incl. list of pros and cons) and gets buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to coach and offer advice/alternatives, as opposed to just providing answers
- Skills in having effective contracting conversations with the ability to manage expectations
- Partnering skills, and business understanding
- Ability to recognize where a line manager may need high touch support, e.g. new to role/Company or unconvinced that they will act on the advice provided that may create risks
- HR Information & Analysis skills
- Good understanding of HR Model, and where to find specialist knowledge
- Knowledge of local and global policies, and the associated processes
- An understanding of policy intent with knowledge of when exceptions should be applicable
- Working knowledge of different IT-systems (e.g. Workday, SAP)
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell