Ethics & Compliance Auditor
Ethics & Compliance Auditor
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
If you are an audit professional and are excited to be part of the journey to build and sustain an ethical culture in Shell, then this role could be the opportunity you are looking for. As a member of the Shell Ethics and Compliance (E&C) Assurance team, you will be delivering a programme of E&C assurance activity covering the full range of activities in the E&C manual. Working in teams you will deliver assurance reviews and provide advice and insights to improve the E&C control framework. As a key member of the newly created E&C assurance team you will also play a role in contributing to the assurance methodology, processes and ways of working for E&C assurance. The role will bring you into contact with a wide range of stakeholders across seniority levels and business areas in the organisation and is a great opportunity to apply and develop your communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Deliver Ethics and compliance assurance reviews as a team member;
- Deliver the review testing programme in line with agreed protocols;
- Execute quality interviews and testing;
- Assess results to provide assurance, identify issues, insights and make high quality recommendations;
- Deliver quality working documentation;
- Contribute to reporting out on the outcomes of assurance services and activities to stakeholders;
- Provide expertise in specific areas of the E&C manual to other review team members (based on own areas of expertise).
- Support the E&C assurance manager to develop, maintain and improve the assurance methodology, processes and ways of working for E&C assurance;
- Where applicable contribute as part of project teams to the delivery of specific E&C assurance activities e.g. the development of the annual assurance plan, reporting of integrated assurance outcomes.
As an E&C assurance specialist you will be primarily delivering assurance reviews as a team member. You will also have the opportunity to lead assurance reviews as you gain experience in the role.
To be successful you will need to be resilient, able to manage competing priorities, decisive, highly collaborative and have great team working, listening and influencing skills. Like your colleagues your passion for and advocacy of ethical behaviours will shine through and motivate those around you. You will act with integrity and transparency, even in difficult situations.
You will ideally have both prior experience in auditing / assurance and in Ethics and compliance and related requirements. However, applicants with one of these areas of experience will be considered.
The E&C assurance specialist is a member of the SECO Assurance team and will report to the SECO Assurance Manager.
The SECO assurance team is responsible for Ethics and Compliance assurance globally, covering all businesses and functions and all areas of the E&C Manual within Shell. The E&C assurance specialist will participate in assurance reviews from planning, through execution to reporting. Reviews will vary in duration from 2 to 4 weeks and in scope from covering a country, a business area, class of business or function.
The E&C assurance specialist will interact with stakeholders at senior levels and will be expected to demonstrate strong communication skills.
Skills and Requirements
- Audit or assurance qualification e.g. Qualified Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience working in audit or assurance roles.
- Practical experience with assurance, auditing, testing and assessing control frameworks.
- Interpersonal and team working skills;
- Courage to intervene and challenge status quo;
- Qualities of independence, objectivity and analysis;
- Self-motivated, organized and adaptable;
- Presentation skills & ability to communicate credibly with senior management;
- Skill in assurance processes and frameworks;
- Knowledge of risk management; compliance programmes; and control frameworks;
- Knowledge of Ethics and Compliance and related requirements;
- Experience in the assurance of Ethics and Compliance risks;
- Planning and organising skills with robust attention to detail; and
- Experience working in dynamic, ambiguous and pressured environments requiring personal integrity, courage, independence and resilience.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell