Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Join us as Financial Reporting Senior Specialist (Alternative Investments)
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Financial Reporting Senior Specialist to join our Financial Reporting Team. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for the preparation of financial statements for investment funds within the Alternative Department, registered in Luxembourg, Ireland, United States and Cayman Islands.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial statements for BBH clients in cooperation with relevant departments.
- Preparing financial statements under different accounting standards (IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP, Irish GAAP).
- Communication with clients and external auditors on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any queries.
- Performing the internal controls agreed for the process.
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks, including communicating with other BBH teams.
What we value:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in accounting / financial reporting / finance related area.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to develop professional knowledge.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the previously agreed timeline.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with Excel and Word skills.
- Fluency in English (min B2).
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Scholars Program, which helps pursue a degree or certificate program while working as an employee at the Firm
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective.