Finance Systems Support Analyst
Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Finance Systems environment
General Role description:
The role has responsibility for ensuring that the current Finance Systems environment, from across finance and the business, are suitably maintained and supported.
The primary focus will be the core enterprise performance management systems: HFM (Consolidation), Hyperion Essbase and FDMEE (ETL), with an opportunity to cross train on Anaplan for financial planning.
Finance Systems is an area which will continue to see significant future change as we adapt and improve our systems to better meet the diverse operational, reporting and analysis demands.
The role will ideally suit a candidate who has a hands-on approach and the ability to apply their knowledge and experience to derive robust system solutions, together with a strong financial process and control mindset.
The ideal candidate should have an inquisitive systems mindset, with the purpose to support an international finance function, and requires excellent communication skills, good attention to detail, broad accounting knowledge and an enthusiastic helpful attitude.
- Administration of HFM, Hyperion Essbase & FDMEE including the metadata dimensions, rules, business rules and system integrations.
- Requirements capture, system design & development of applications.
- Work closely with the Finance Systems team and wider finance to implement and, where required, add to the finance architecture strategy. This includes understanding and considering system and process interdependencies.
- Understanding of the end-to-end integration paths for metadata and data moving through Finance Systems.
- Ensure the alignment of metadata definitions across systems through consistent development decisions.
- Ensure full System Integration Testing / User Acceptance Testing is conducted on all changes to ensure that data is moving between applications in a controlled manner and in line with the overall group IT change control policies.
- Develop process and procedure documentation for ongoing maintenance of the Hyperion suite.
- Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party support providers and escalation of relevant issues.
- Be the ‘go to’ contact point for issues arising from the system processes for daily operations.
- Provide training and support for finance system users.
- Experience of maintaining and developing finance systems and a proven aptitude for finding systematic solutions to problems.
- Experience/involvement in designing, implementing or upgrading systems solution.
- Attention to detail; taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities; strong team ethos.
- Working in a fast-passed environment meeting regular individual as well as team/ project-based deadlines.
- Experience in working between Finance and IT department and understanding the different objectives each work to meet.
University degree (in Finance, Accounting, IT, Maths or similar).
Accounting qualification or part qualified with experience.
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work unsupervised, showing initiative in identifying problems and posing solutions.
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge and ability to apply these to define systems solutions.
- Ability to understand business users requirements and apply these to define systems solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5 years’ experience of Hyperion Financial Management
- Hyperion Essbase or another analytical reporting database.
- FDMEE or another integration tool
- EPM Maestro (desirable but not essential)
- Visual Basic to support HFM / SQL to support FDMEE
- Microsoft Excel skills (Intermediate / Advanced level).