Seg Arch - Data Management
Seg Arch - Data Management
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Where you fit in
Play a key role in shaping Shell's Data Management Tooling capability as part of Shells Enterprise Cloud Platform Architecture team. This team plays a key role in architecting the core cloud, data platform and data science capability that underpins Shell’s strategy to power the energy transition. This role will require you to work across Shells global IT organization collaborating with Segment Architects, Product Owners & Portfolio Managers to define and deliver incremental updates to the data management tooling capability. This role requires you to work with Shell’s MDM (Master Data Management) and EDC (Enterprise Data Catalogue) tools and support their further usage and embedding within the organization.
What’s the role?
Segment Architects provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to Shell standards and reference/segment architectures.
You will be accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of IT Projects connected to this space.
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data,
- Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the relevant templates, tooling and conforms to standards.
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution.
- Help in shaping the Data Governance and Cataloguing capability within the organization.
- Support Product Owner in adaption of MDM service within the organization.
- Support Segment Architects and reviews through the Architecture Review Board as required.
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in BizzDesign. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions in Shell. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
- Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT at Shell. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture design decisions.
- Responsible for championing and embedding Security by Design and Privacy by Design in projects, and to ensure that the appropriate design decisions are made, documented and implemented
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
As a Segment Architect, you should have the following skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to IT
- Extensive experience in IT with some IT leadership experience
- Prior experience in MDM (Master Data Management) and Cataloguing solutions as an architect, product owner or software/data engineer, with preference for experience working with products such as Informatica (MDM) and Collibra (EDC)
- Strong stakeholder management skills; the role requires pro-active communication and an ability to work closely with other members in project teams and other disciplines in architecture in particular.
- Strong communication skills; the role requires effective written and verbal communications. Including the ability to communicate architectural viewpoints and decisions using content appropriate for the audience.
- Business skills; the role requires the ability to acquire and apply industry sector knowledge. Including the ability to establish the linkage between business value and technical architecture.