Data Protection Office – Analyst
Job Reference #
- Support the regulatory monitoring and impact assessment process with a focus on US laws and regulations.
- Advise on and support business in the definition and implementation of required measures to comply with emerging privacy laws and regulations globally.
- Assess personal data breach incidents and support notifications to Authorities as required
- Support thematic reviews on data privacy and records management topics.
- Assist the implementation of Data Protection Office Processes.
- Management and resolution of ad hoc issues and questions.
The Group Data Protection Office organizationally positioned with Group Compliance, Regulatory and Governance is led by the Group Data Protection Officer (Group DPO), with a mandate to ensure UBS' adherence to data privacy laws and regulations and maintain the Data Protection as well as Voice Recording Control Framework. The Group Data Protection Office is headquartered in Switzerland is comprised of a central team of SMEs and Local Data Protection Contacts ("LDPC") in Zurich, Frankfurt, Krakow, Luxembourg, Paris, London, Singapore, Shanghai, New York and Sao Paolo covering UBS locations globally. To fulfil its mandate, the Group Data Protection Office works closely with key stakeholders across the UBS organization.
You are an experienced professional looking to work in a dynamic environment on data protection matters affecting UBS. You have solid analytical skills and understanding of the financial services industry. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills enable you to communicate to key stakeholders. We are in particular looking for candidates with the following profile:
• Academic degree in relevant area, including Business Administration or Law.
• 2-3 years proven relevant experience in data privacy or related area, preferably in the financial industry with leading institutions, business consultancies or supervisory authorities.
• Certification by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and knowledge of banking and investment products, services and processes are a plus.
• Ability to manoeuvre within the UBS organisation and build and manage productive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Driven, self-starter and proven ability to organize own work in a dynamic working environment and delivering on different topics within agreed timelines.
• Flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude.
• Commitment to high quality delivery.
• Fluent in English, other languages and prior experience as a Business Analyst is a plus.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."