Data & Analytics Specialist, Asset Management Risk Control
Job Reference #
You will play a key part in supporting our efforts in data strategy to modernize and adopt latest data analytics infrastructure and strengthen the governance and control of our data across Chief Risk Officer of Asset Management & EMEA & Sustainability teams.
In this role you will liaise with business, risk officers, risk change and IT to understand their risk data and data analytics requirements, forming these into epics/business requirement document and assisting with prioritization and delivery with IT and Risk Change teams.
Your remit will include data ingestions from internal and external providers in a large-scale data environment. You will also be working with sustainability and climate risk data therefore, experience or interest in this domain is valuable though not essential
Your responsibilities include:
• gather requirements and document business processes and possible solutions
• provide input during development and implementation phases, including formulation and definition of systems scope, objectives and necessary system enhancements for complex, high-impact projects
• work with development and testing teams to deliver solutions and support UAT
• identify and communicate risks and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
• consult with risk officers and business to determine system functional specifications and partner with risk change and IT teams to meet organizational objectives
• evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards
• provide in-depth and sophisticated analyses with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and influence strategic functional decisions
• support the development of a target operating model and governance framework
• ensure data is properly defined, quality standards and business rules are adopted, and data quality issues are captured & prioritized
• worked with the Divisional Data Forum to drive Data Governance adoption and prioritize Data governance needs.
You'll be working in the Risk Control team under the CRO of Asset Management & EMEA & Sustainability based in Poland. This global team oversees all business areas of UBS Asset Management, Group business in EMEA region and Sustainability Risk across all business divisions. You will be working closely with the Chief of Staff for CRO AM & EMEA & Sustainability and all the risk officers globally.
• business analysis or project management experience in the financial industry
• experience in delivering data and automation projects and involve across all phases of IT roll out and systems maintenance life cycle
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out) and experience of specifying and writing business requirements and suggesting appropriate solutions
• the ability to interpret a set of technical requirements and develop robust solutions (you know what they really want) and good understanding of financial products, understanding of market risk models (VaR, Tracking Error, Stress)
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
• self-starter/able to work with limited guidance with a continuous improvement mindset
• team-player, strong facilitation and influencing skills with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
• excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
• motivated, tenacious and able to cope with rapid business growth and a pressurized environment able to meet tight deadlines
• fluent in English (spoken and written).
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."