Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The Safety Data Sheet Authoring team is part of the Product Stewardship team that is responsible for the delivery of Hazard Communication documentation to various classes of business to support Shell's license to operate. The team manages more than 130,000 documents in more than 27 languages.
The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Author role is an important contributor to supporting Shell's overall business processes by authoring safety data sheets. New products and entry into new markets cannot occur without supporting documentation. This role is an individual contributor with no direct reports.
- Has a leadership role in scheduling project work, resolving problems (defects), process improvements, etc.
- Works within the rules and processes defined for the team to identify and assemble appropriate information within the system to produce accurate safety data sheets to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Applies technical knowledge and regulatory rules to produce compliant hazard communication documentation. Is comfortable challenging presented information that does not appear to be consistent with current regulatory interpretations.
- Manages stakeholders within and outside the Product Stewardship team
- Identifies and promotes Continuous Improvement opportunities to eliminate waste where possible.
- Is a primary lead for specific business areas or lines and coordinates support for that area. Makes safety data sheets available to the business, ensuring on-time product delivery to customers.
- Coaches and supports others in the team within a particular area of expertise
- Can identify and work with the business or functional specialists to resolve data omissions or inconsistencies and share learning in the team from such issues.
- Follows up on defect elimination efforts and schedules project work to ensure closure of actions.
- Individuals who are successful in this position often have exposure to relevant regulatory requirements and/or product chemistry concepts.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the sciences is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of GHS/CLP classification rules is highly desirable.
- English Full professional proficiency is essential (B2/C1 level Minimum)
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail & analytical skills to follow-up issues and get to the root cause
- Confidence to work in a virtual environment and manage engagement across different levels of stakeholders.
- Candidates with a background as industrial, refinery, or R&D laboratory technicians have previously been successful in this role.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell