Finance Controlling Manager (fixed-term)
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged, and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Currently, we are looking experienced candidates for a position of Finance Controlling Manager (fixed-term contract). Please find details below. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
- Responsible for accuracy of R&D accounts, both from Statutory and Management perspectives, ensuring compliance with GSK Finance Manual
- Lead month end close – define process, leading the review of monthly results and providing commentary on key variances/business drivers to R&D Finance Controller and R&D Senior Finance Planning Director, ensure adherence to timetable, perform central reviews on results, ensure accurate BISON reporting
- Signing-off R&D markets results (profit, working assets, headcount) to Corporate on monthly basis
- Own overall balance sheet for R&D entities – oversee commentary, ensure accuracy and challenge as needed, lead balance sheet reviews
- Preparing and submitting to Corporate quarterly judgements report for R&D Pharma area. Leading the review of the judgements report with Pharma R&D Finance Head
- Maintaining robust process of reporting R&D spend from Rest of the World entities
- Providing guidance to Therapy Areas FDs/FPs (30-40 people UK/US/Belgium/RoW based) in relation to proper accounting treatment of complex transactions
- Key point of contact for off shore Centres of Excellence
- Liaise with other R&D Finance teams (EPE/IPE, DAAF, embedded Finance Partners)
- Calculate UK and US R&D tax credit expenditure
- Perform SOX controls in line with GSK internal controls framework requirements
- Accounting degree or qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Finance controlling experience (min. 8 years)
- Experience of working with SOX
- Solid knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working with SAP
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Developed analytical skills
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving skills Preferred Qualifications:
- SSC experience
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Fixed-term contract 24-months
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career. GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant. We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to further discuss this today. We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
- Our values and eexpectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture
- These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Supportive community and integration events
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers