Business Manager in CDIO People & Engagement Team
Business management, administration and support
Job Reference #
Do you want to be part of driving excellence across our organization through interesting and innovative talent programs? Do you enjoy engaging with people in a diverse environment? Are you a detail-oriented multitasker? Do you thrive on working with multiple challenges and have the ability to rise above complexity?
For our Talent & Culture team we are looking for a program manager support to help develop and execute our talent and development agenda, who can:
• identify, plan and run initiatives from small in person events to region wide large-scale initiatives
• help with creating new and innovative ways to engage employees and make the program design modern and interesting
• collaborate with regional and functional representatives, internal communities, employees and the external partners
• help with defining and interpreting internal engagement metrics to improve the offering for the future
• provide proactive, practical and smooth support to the team members and program participants
You'll be working in the CDIO Chief of Staff team in Poland. We are responsible for supporting the Head of CDIO in bringing together the organization to deliver on the CDIO strategy and priorities. The team's goal is to be a center of expertise of each activity we perform. We are diverse, creative and motivated, with openness to learn.
• passion for community and talent management topics
• well structured, very reliable and dedicated; high attention to detail, ability to handle a significant number of parallel tasks, dependencies and issues
• experience with end to end event facilitation and employee community engagement
• team-oriented, whilst also comfortable being relied upon to prioritize work and operate independently
• strong analytical skills with the knowledge of MS Office
• experience working with international environment would be a plus
• creative and passionate about culture and people topics
• structured with good organizational skillls
• self-motivated with a result-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities
• able to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables in a fast-pace environment
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."