Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about data? Do you like to be challenged, learn and grow professionally? Do you have a deep love for solving data problems and seeing the results of your work? Do you have a knack for understanding business problems and engineering data driven solutions that provide insights and help to deliver sustainable and impactful outcomes.
We’re looking for data engineers to:
• transform data into valuable insights that inform business decisions, making use of our internal data platforms and applying appropriate analytical techniques.
• engineer reliable data pipelines for sourcing, processing, distributing, and storing data in different ways, using data platform infrastructure effectively.
• develop, train, and apply machine-learning models to make better predictions, automate
manual processes, and solve challenging business problems.
• design and implement cloud-based solutions using microservices, Big Data, and elastic computing concepts.
• collaborate on innovative proofs-of-concept, pilots, minimum viable products, and business cases
• be a part of our Agile engineering community.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional agile pod, with autonomy to innovate, focusing on outcomes and continuous learning. You’ll be part of a team that is building out Finance & Treasury products that connect macroeconomic outlook, data driven insights and forecasting capabilities to ensure profitable growth through market cycles. Collaborating with product experts, quants, and other engineering teams, globally. Your products will have a huge impact in improving our financial forecasts & provide intelligent steering of UBS liquidity affecting the profitability and sustainable growth to the UBS franchise.
• comprehensive understanding and ability to apply data engineering techniques, good understanding of Cloud and big data technologies (Spark/Databricks, Scala/Python, SparkSQL).
• curious to learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate
options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind.
• experience with Cloud.
• experience in building data pipelines.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."