Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Shell SBO Kraków is currently looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the Cloud Platform Engineering team who are accountable for development and operations of the Enterprise Cloud Platform.
Context and Dimensions:
- You are a key enabler in Shell’s “Powering Progress” energy transition strategy.
- You are part of the SRE community, helping drive Shell’s transition through your deep knowledge of Cloud Native capabilities.
- You are empowered to “automate everything” and driving operational excellence through code, in an environment where it is ok to fail, learn and adapt.
- You will support Shell’s core businesses across Upstream, Downstream, Renewables and more, through access to the latest in Cloud Native capabilities.
- You will work in an environment where Honesty, Integrity and respect are core principles, reflected in the your day to day life.
- You will work in a true Agile/DevOps manner as part of Shell’s Cloud Platform Engineering team.
About the Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer in IT Operations your primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Work as part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team (global) to deliver world class services to our consuming businesses.
- Work with your Product owner and lead SRE to ensure the PI commitments are delivered on time to the highest quality.
- Work with development partners to shape product architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored, and raising alerts when needed
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame post-mortem analysis and review
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, hyper automation and root cause analysis.
- We are experts in Cloud infrastructure and Engineering best practices, and we help development teams using Cloud infrastructure more effectively.
- We are on point for capacity planning and to help teams anticipate and prepare for growth.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a deep sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native tooling and technologies.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Good working knowledge of Kubernetes (AKS/EKS), TFE, Prometheus, Jenkins, GitHub actions (or other similar toolset) + Cloud Network and Connectivity.
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell