General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The General Ledger Accountant will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of its process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
The role will have a mix of deliverables between transactional accounting and standard reporting. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
- Perform standard accounting activities accurately and in line with timetable (General ledgeraccounting activity)
- Support the preparation and submission of standard internal/external reporting requirements in line with group timelines
- Collaboration with other R&A colleagues and other processes to ensure timely closure of ledger
- Performing an analysis role in balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
- Operating all SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group controls framework
- Support R&A special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests
- Strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in the following areas:Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Min 3 years of experience in a relevant accounting environment
- Experience in General Ledger is a must
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- ACCA or CIMA certification would be a strong asset
Role is based in Poland. We support immigration process (obtaining stay and work permit).
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell