Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Financial Reporting Supervisor
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Financial Reporting Supervisor to join our Financial Reporting Team. In this role you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Team Leader you will allocate tasks and workload to the team members and ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Management of preparation of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP).
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Acting as a key client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Responsibility for coaching and developing team members.
- Providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process.
- Assisting in projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to financial reporting disclosure requirements.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- 5 years experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
- Knowledge of accounting standards. Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
- Prior experience in managing a team.
- Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset.
- Fostering Team Spirit. Strong focus on mentoring and coaching team members.
- Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements.
- Strong reviewing skills.
- Proven ability to manage and complete a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage