Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Accounting Team Leader
The Fund Accounting Team Leader is responsible for the management and direction of one of the business line's net asset value (NAV) production teams including: Trades, Cash and Capital Stock, Expenses, and Special Handling. Team Leader is responsible for day to day activities and issues that may impact the achievement of department objectives including quality, control, and client service standards. S/he will be responsible for managing a moderate-sized group of employees with typically 2 or more Supervisors as direct reports.
- Oversee the day to day activities of team ensuring deliverables are met on time and accurately.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for Client teams for any client related issues and proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures.
- Review and discuss issues requiring escalation with Senior Management.
- Ensure procedures/checklists are documented and best practices are followed.
- Manage controls efficiently to alleviate any areas of potential risk.
- Establish service standards with CSG colleagues and ensure they are shared with and understood by team members and all internal support groups (Operations, etc.).
- Establish appropriate contacts within client teams and internal departments and actively collaborate to improve service quality.
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths.
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants.
- Oversee and ensure training and cross training of employees on relevant job functions to develop breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Participate in inter departmental and cross Line of Business Project teams.
- Complete and oversee the completion of the BBH annual performance review process.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to direct reports to improve individual and team performance. Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees falling below set expectations.
- Assist in managing team expenses.
- Realize team efficiencies through increased automation and organize workflows.
- Leverage department metrics to identify areas of high support cost and take steps to mitigate.
- Lead and assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- BA/BS degree in a business related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5 plus years of Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency experience.
- 2 plus years of supervisory experience.
- Client service skills.
- Aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
- Technical and analytical ability.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Knowledge or experience of Multifunds is an advantage.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.