State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Global Advisors Model Risk Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-599206
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
All over the world, institutional investors rely on State Street Global Advisors to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sitting within the 2nd line of defense, this Senior Associate will report jointly to the Operational Risk Manager of the Poland branch and the Head of GA Model Risk team. The GA Risk team is made up of over 70 risk professionals based in London, Dublin, Germany, and Poland, together with the US and Asia. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, credit and liquidity risk globally.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Model Risk team, you will:
- Support Model Risk Management in achieving regulatory compliance while gaining efficiency and productivity
- Review the model workflow and identifying gaps in model development, implementation, and usage process and documentation
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, traders, researchers, IT, and Corporate Model Risk Management to conduct independent full scope validation as well as annual reviews of GA investment models
- Review and assess model changes and conduct targeted validation on significant model changes
- Evaluate remediation submissions and ongoing monitoring of GA investment models
- Identify, assess, and report model risks on individual model and aggregate level to management through validation reports for all GA models
- Assist in various ad-hoc requests
You will have the following strengths:
- Master’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field, or its equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is essential
- Ability to articulate ideas and analysis effectively
- Programming fluency in Python/R/Matlab language is highly preferred
- Ability and self-motivation to master concepts quickly and connect dots
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities to tight deadlines
- CFA or CFA candidacy is preferred
- Past experience in modeling or validation in financial industry is ideal
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Team player
- Seniority dependent on your qualifications
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.