State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Operational Risk Manager
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-599198
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Sitting within the second line of defense, this Assistant Vice President (AVP) role will provide global functional leadership and strong cross risk discipline vision. We are a diverse team of over 70 risk professionals based in London, Dublin, Germany, and Poland, together with the US and Asia. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, credit and liquidity risk globally.
All over the world, institutional investors rely on State Street Global Advisors to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the SSGA GmbH Head of Risk and Compliance, you will:
- Provide reporting to the Germany & Switzerland Senior Management Committee and the SSGA GmbH Board. Additionally, you will promptly report requested ad-hoc information to the responsible officers and/or the internal audit function.
- Manage all risk policy & procedure related matters, implementing the risk strategy and evolving a risk limit system.
- Contribute to developing and improving risk management and control processes.
- Maintain the risk inventory and draw up the overall risk profile.
- Lead operational and outsourcing risk management.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of risk programs related regulatory obligations (in particular, BaFin’s Minimum Risk Management Requirements).
- Contribute to internal & external audit requests.
- Control remuneration principles and appropriate quarterly testing according to IVV.
- Provide risk input and insight into the New Business and Product Review and Approval (NBPRA) process.
- Respond to client requests and questionnaires.
- Monitor the institution’s risk appetite and internal capital adequacy as well as compliance with current risk limits on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and improve the system of risk ratios and procedures for the early detection of risks.
Leading the Risk team in SSGA GmbH in Poland, you will:
- Promote a motivated and supportive work culture.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee all Enterprise Risk Management employees in Poland, together with functional risk managers, and ensure that all reports and their teams accomplish clearly defined responsibilities.
- Be responsible for hiring, direction, and training of staff, together with any dual manager.
- Maintain appropriate records for all direct reports.
As an Operational Risk analyst, you will:
- Work with business units to improve the control framework and develop action plans to remediate identified control gaps.
- Ensure that risk incidents and issues are assessed, prioritized, tracked, and reported for review at appropriate intervals to the relevant bodies (committees, boards, etc.).
- Drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization, focusing on risk awareness, mitigation, and resiliency.
- Execute risk identification programs and facilitate regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a key contact for risk queries and collaborate with other risk and internal control functions.
- Ensure that operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies, and regulations.
- Perform “deep dive” investigations on business processes and assist in the identification and socialization of control gaps.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments, new products, services, technologies, and applications, as well as their respective impact on the business’ risk profile.
- Raise all matters that could have an adverse impact on State Street Global Advisors, its clients, and its relationships with regulators to the appropriate regional and global functional heads as well as appropriate legal entity boards. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all raised matters are appropriately resolved.
You have 5+ years of Risk Management experience, with a consistent track record in leading, mentoring and collaborating with staff across multiple offices. You are passionate about complex problem solving and have the skillset to drive engagement and transparency. The following would be advantageous:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or other related field
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of process and control design, assessment, and leading practices within the industry
- Adept at operating in dynamic environments, and able to inspire a shared sense of urgency in others
- Exceptional program leadership, influence and relationship skills
- Skilled in building strong internal partnerships will help you establish relationships with portfolio managers, traders, client facing teams, operational staff, and senior management
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.