Finance Process Owner (PO) teams play critical role in World Class Finance change. They are driving E2E thinking sitting at the heart of digital transformation. It is particularly important in Tax area, as both compliance processes, MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) & MDT (Manage Direct Tax) are highly dependent on transactional and financial data generated by Group businesses and Finance processes.
Tax PO team has a great track record of delivering, jointly with FO Tax Operations, top-quartile process effectiveness & securing business license to operate responding to increasingly growing tax authorities demands. With solid foundations in place, the team is focusing on its Integrated Process Plan (IPP) targets: Operational efficiency; Demand management; Low Cost Automation and Transformational process transformation.
The Tax Project Manager role is critical to Tax team success. The role will lead delivery of strategic projects in line with the 3 year Tax IPP and, if required, support delivery of key onshore Tax projects (e.g. advise to compliance related) with focus on ensuring optimization of handoffs with business, finance & external partners, driving agile response to rapidly changing external requirements and delivering tax compliance transformational automation, clearing the path towards new generation of operations: Tax Control Room overseeing automated compliance process.
Main accountabilities and activities include:
- Deliver assigned Tax projects with high quality execution, within dedicated timeline and budget
- Ensure set up and management of effective projects governance, change management, communication and stakeholders management
- Act as expert in project management, change management and project delivery methods (e.g. agile) area
- Deploy innovative ways of project delivery in Tax
- Set-up and actively manage project management practitioners/knowledge sharing network
- Ensuring timely response/resolution of issues and/or managing escalation when needed
- Assisting Process Owner and Process Managers and other processes in identifying and prioritizing process, systems and data enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities
- Integrate with IT and Data to understand potential solution options, testing considerations, integration, cross-process data improvements etc.
- Participation in CI sponsored projects as necessary
The Project Manager role is a global role. It requires pro-active interactions with representatives of onshore and offshore organizations on very senior levels (incl. VPs of various organizations), with a need to influence them (without formal reporting line) to drive & ensure delivery of key Tax strategic projects.
The incumbent needs to deal well with constant change, have courage to challenge, be comfortable with uncertainty and be able to manage deep understanding of details with ability to explain complex bigger picture to very senior/non-Tax partners & stakeholders. This is a fast paced, challenging and complex assignment.
The Manager will have to exhibit extensive cooperation/collaboration capabilities and ability to work with minimum supervision. Due to the virtual nature of team & wider partners network the individual is expected to demonstrate strong enterprise first behaviours and excellent interpersonal & leadership skills. The Project Manager will play critical role in driving acceleration of Tax Digital Roadmap delivery and ensuring Tax readiness for Group digital developments. The role holders will play an active role in driving complex Tax compliance transformational automations.
Each Tax PO team individual is expected to play pro-active role in co-building agile, value focused, business oriented and enthusiastic organisation, that drives & delivers excellent outcomes as One Team.
Tax PO team is accountable for global Tax compliance processes managed by 600 FTEs, submitting 40k returns/report & 20k payments per year and maintain total tax payments of USD 60b.
The PO team owns 130 Tax IT applications, supports over 30 various ERPs & connected applications and maintains numerous engagements with external partners (vendors, advisors and process excellence teams from other multinationals).
Project Manager will be responsible to deliver strategic projects within Tax compliance space and some selected projects in the wider onshore Tax space.
Tax PO team is part of Finance Operations Tax organisation and is managed by Tax Process Owner. Tax PO-1 includes Tax Process Excellence Managers & Tax PMO, responsible for respective Tax compliance sub-processes. Tax Process Excellence Managers are supported by Tax PO-2 organisation with Tax Process Experts, Senior Tax Process Experts and some dedicated Experts for Payments & Reporting
This is a challenging role which will suit energetic, proactive individuals looking to build on their experience and gain a broader perspective of Shell Businesses and global operations. The successful individual will gain first-hand experience of delivering complex changes within the business, participating in Tax/Global automation projects and exposure to interactions with stakeholders on various levels of seniority, with numerous opportunities to expand in-depth future-oriented technical (e.g. digital) and leadership skills (e.g. driving change & influencing, leading without formal reporting line). Ability to manage stakeholders, displaying professional planning, change management and execution of assigned projects.
For this position we are looking for someone with a strong skills and knowledge of:
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Project Management area
- At least 8 years' business experience in project management area
- Strong experience in transformational projects or automation projects
- System knowledge of GSAP, SERP, Blueprint, Trading, Tax applications or low-cost-automation (LCA) technics preferred but not mandatory
- Tax (e.g. VAT, WHT, Excise Duties, Direct Tax and Reporting) experience preferred but not mandatory
- understanding of the current end-2-end standard process in Tax and/or connected processes preferred but not mandatory
- Strong, quick learning capability
- Digitally savvy
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Effective influencing skills, senior stakeholder management
- Excellent strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Exhibits excellent communications/stakeholder engagement skills, both written and oral
- Generate own improvement ideas and initiatives, develop plans and delivers through others
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills
During critical periods, such as changes of tax rates, other tax legislation or major system changes, Tax Project Manager may be required to be on call outside business hours to address urgent support issues
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.