The objective of this role is to support the Global Marketing Performance Mgr (GMPM) to drive a step change in the planning, tracking and evaluation of marketing activities to deliver an improvement of spend effectiveness across global and local Lubricants Marketing.
Sitting in the global B2C Marketing team, it offers great exposure to the global Lubes Marketing Management team. Shell Lubricants is the global market leader and on a significant growth journey which is heavily driven by Marketing. The role provides a challenging opportunity to deliver significant commercial impact aligned with the vision set under Shell Downstream's Fit for Growth vision.
This role will provide breadth from a content perspective, working across all brands and products, sectors and channels in Lubricants.
The team is on a journey to focus less on planning and more on improving global spend effectiveness in close coordination with local markets and global brand teams. Therefore, the Global Marketing Planning team has three strategic priorities: 1. Integrate, 2. Standardise, 3. Digitise.
1. Integrate: There are many good stand alone activities in place to plan, track, analyse and improve marketing spend. Integrating these into one holistic strategy to manage spend effectiveness will deliver significantly improvements.
2. Standardise: Measuring spend effectiveness in one standardised way will help to facilitate learnings accross countries and teams and simplify global business support.
3. Digitise: Marketing Planning processes are currently highly manual and there is a strong drive to automate and digitise these.
Furthermore, a much closer alignment with Retail on all Marketing Planning areas has started.
This role would suit someone with strong analytical skills, who is outcome-focused and can take a commercial perspective on marketing planning activities.
The Planning Analyst will support the GMPM in analysing and improving the data, information and tools necessary for delivery of the marketing planning strategy.
The responsibilities in detail are:
- Oversee the global Marketing Planning Process. Work with countries and brand teams to ensure consistency in global planning
- Ensure Marketing Plans are tracked (plan vs Actual) in close coordination with teams in Chennai
- Help to re-organize the global post investment reviews (PIR) of marketing initiatives in all countries, across the various brands. Implement changes to drive more efficient and meaningful PIR processes/tactics/tools that help improve ROI / yield on marketing resources and marketing effectiveness. Present on key engagements and share PIR results. Help local markets to drive changes in marketing spend based on PIR findings.
- Supports the design & execution of Marketing Operational Efficiency tactics to assess and improve C5 Yield performance.
- Implement new sets of KPIs
- Support in strategic marketing projects
- Support to implement a new global Digital Marketing Planning tool (across Retail and Lube) to improve the planning, tracking and spend analysis of global marketing initiatives. This includes:
- Project management support and communication.
- Help develop Comms material to communicate Marketing Planning agenda
- Support GMPM in driving the work on Lubricants Purpose
- Work with 3rd party IT vendor and Shell internal IT.
- Support in financial analysis and building of business case.
- Develop change management strategy with global and local teams.
- Work closely with the Marketing Analytics Team in Chennai to process data, improve tracking and identifying data trends.
- Min 6 years of professional experience, ideally working in a multinational company
- Experience of working in Marketing preferred
- Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience of working with complex and ambiguous data
- Project Management experience
- Strong analytical skills and outcome-focused
- Commercial acumen
- Fluent English
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.