State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Auditor – Risk Management and Capital Markets
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-611457
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
- The Senior Auditor executes audit procedures and oversees audit staff during audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management business processes business controls risk assessments and operating practices globally.
- The candidate will be focused on areas including Global Markets (Foreign Exchange, Securities Finance and Trading Platforms), Global Treasury, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally.
- The Senior Auditor will review automated Audit work papers prepared by audit staff ensuring sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s risk based audit methodology.
- The Senior Auditor will ensure that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- The candidate requires good analytical interpersonal time management project management research and strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- She /he must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new industry regulations where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- The candidate must have the willingness to develop core competencies in risk based audit methodology.
Skills and Qualifications
- The candidate would require a working knowledge of Capital Markets/ERM/Treasury with a preference for Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Risk Management or Treasury Operations.
- Audit experience preferred in public accounting or internal audit focusing on Financial Services.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- A professional qualification such as a CPA or CIA is a plus.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
Travel primarily within Europe up to 30%.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.