Based in Ada, Michigan, Amway is one of the world's leading direct sales companies. We operate in more than 50 countries around the world offering a variety of products: health, beauty and home care. Amway Business Services Center was established in March 2010 to provide state of the art service to corporate operations across Europe, India and Africa. From graduates to highly qualified experts we hire the best professionals in the fields of Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, IT and HR. Here, you have the opportunity to add value and be valued – to achieve your professional goals and work with truly exceptional people. We believe in your potential and we value your talents.
Currently we are looking for a person for the position of:
GL Team Leader with Spanish
GL Team Leader with Spanish
- Managing a team of approx. 10-12 Accountants and Senior Accountants; reporting to R2R Process Manager.
- Reviewing team performance in terms of GL related accounting and reporting processes.
- Ensuring compliance with internal control system.
- Supporting Finance Transformation Project for Global Business Services.
- Supporting Affiliates in finance-related processes, being a main contact point between Affiliates and GBS on an operational level.
- Driving and supporting direct team and GBS Team in general to achieve common goals and deliver process enhancements.
- Manage and lead Record to Report Team for Americas.
- Lead GL Team during all stages of Transition to GBS and later during delivery.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to team members.
- Manage performance appraisal process and development of all direct reports.
- Represent GL Team in internal and external meetings and workshops.
- Hands-on approach – understanding tasks of individual team members and being able to step in if needed.
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Monitor and determinate KPIs.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations, ensuring delivery according to process requirements within US-GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Control over the period end closes, BS Reconciliation.
- Perform quarterly B/S reviews for US GAAP reporting compliance.
- Assure process compliance with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Close cooperation with other teams inside Finance function (AP, AR, Tax, Treasury, FP&A, Project Teams) to ensure smooth processes execution and effective financial support for business functions across Americas.
- Perform risk assessment, prepare and execute risk mitigation plan in cooperation with GL Process Manager.
Profile we look for
- 5+ years of professional experience in accountancy/finance.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Fluent English.
- Very good knowledge of Spanish (B2)
- Flexibility to travel outside Europe, once required.
- Flexibility to work outside standard European time during transition phase, if required
- University degree preferable in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience of working with US GAAP/IFRS and depth knowledge of General Ledger area, including understanding of accounting controls.
- Hands-on experience in financial reporting, including tax and statutory reporting.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellence communication skills and capability to adapt to a demanding environment.
- An energetic driven professional with can do attitude and drive towards building and proposing new process solutions.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and communicate with the business.
- Self-reliant, proactive and highly motivated.
What we offer
- Numerous company events (family picnics, Christmas parties, Carnival balls, Away Days, International and Product days)
- International team environment
- Flexible working hours & possible working hours
- Benefits: Private medical care, MyBenefit, Life insurance
- Fresh fruits every Monday
- Employee training (induction training, “Amway University” portfolio, language training, professional certification)
- Product discount
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.
We're growing! Amway Business Centre in Kraków is now Global Services Center. We are building new Accounting team to support Amway operations across USA and South America.
Join our team and be part of building something new!
The following statement should be enclosed to your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Amway Business Centre-Europe Sp. z o.o. located in Zabierzów (adres: Krakowska 280 str., 32-080 Zabierzów) for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)."