One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist with working experience in Accounts Payable and proficiency in English. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You manage team with focus on effective operational execution, responsible for the short to midterm operational and tactical team activities
- You ensure timely and accurate production of reports and oversees the month end close process for the accounting center including statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing, preparation of monthly balance sheet and application of funds and other obligatory statements required by law or Company’s standards
- You perform General Accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues and serves as escalation point for complex accounting transactions
- You act as the point of contact for external, internal and SOX audits and lead the internal control over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting for General Accounting testing
- You supervise timely and correct preparation of reports addressed to the following: Central Statistical Office, National Bank of Poland, Ministry of State Treasury, Internal Revenue Office, Customs Office
- You ensure correct, timely and optimum settlement of taxes, correct and timely cost accounting, implement policies relating to provisions and allocates costs
- You support management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment
- You ensure Key Performance Indicators are met with the pre-defined objectives and define tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- You identify, recommend and assist in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains across the region/global
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance function and at least 3 years in a role relevant to General Accounting (General Ledger or Financial Reporting) / Chief Accountant and 2 years in managing a team directly
- Experience in Finance Shared Services for a Global Company a strong plus
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Charted Accountant qualifications a strong plus
- Knowledge of Polish Accounting Regulations and US GAAP
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of GL, financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills and ERP experience as a must
- Proficient in business English and Polish
- Excellent communication skills as well as team handling and delegations skills
- Collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, handle different initiatives concurrently, create learning atmosphere among team members and leverage networks within the organization
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.