State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Counterparty Risk Analyst
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-631073
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
We’re looking for a team member with basic understanding of financial statements analysis, specifically financial institutions most relevant. Knowledge of credit risk management practices is a distinct advantage.
We are a diverse team of over 70 risk professionals based in Boston, Stamford, London, Dublin, Krakow, Bangalore and Sydney. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, credit, and model risk globally.
All over the world, institutional investors rely on State Street Global Advisors to help them deliver on diverse investment objectives, handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and hardworking, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential inspires our mission. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Want to take advantage of this exciting career opportunity and combine it with tools to help you balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you? Please apply and join us. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Conduct independent credit assessment of global banks and their subsidiaries as well as regional broker dealers. Candidate should possess some knowledge of financial statements such as balance sheet and income statement. Experience analyzing financial statements of financial institutions is a plus.
- Proactively monitor creditworthiness of counterparties and market developments to determine ability of financial institution to meet their obligations.
- Monitor counterparties against internal policies.
- Stay abreast of the global regulatory landscape.
- Take ownership and oversight for an assigned portfolio.
- Participate in special projects.
Minimum Job Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field; MBA a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Communicates opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, and prioritize.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Familiarity with capital markets and trading activities a plus.
- Proficient in English language.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.