Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Join us as a HR Senior Manager – Talent Management
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a HR Senior Manager – Talent Management to join our Talent and Development Team. In this role, you will drive the development and adoption of talent solutions to enable the strategic objectives of key Investor Services Businesses, including the Relationship Excellence sales and Fintech organization. You will partner with the Senior HR Business Partners to craft the global talent strategy for the business, working closely with Talent and Development colleagues in Learning and Organizational Effectiveness on solutions to address key talent needs. You will collaborate with Talent Advisory colleagues to continue to evolve the talent management discipline and how the function helps with firm achieve its strategic objectives. You will serve as the primary contact in managing the relationship between the HR Business Partners, the business, and Talent and Development.
- Collaborating closely with Senior leaders in HR and the business to develop the talent strategy to enable the business’ strategic objectives. Leverages a deep understanding of integrated talent management to support the implementation of solutions that build a sustainable pipeline of talent for the business.
- Analyzing talent data to identify patterns and themes of importance to the business and its talent strategy and using these insights to inform the creation of targeted solutions.
- Supporting key senior leaders in making critical career and role transitions; Partner with HR Business Partners on targeted development plans that simultaneously build capability in role while increasing readiness for the future.
- Facilitating the implementation and adoption of firm-wide talent & development solutions into the business, reinforcing T&D’s vision while addressing the business’ talent strategy.
- Collaborating closely with Talent & Development colleagues to help shape the design, development, and adoption of firm-wide solutions and offerings by contributing insights and perspective from the HR Business Partners and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years of integrated talent management experience, using a disciplined approach and methodology
- 2+ years of experience in change management and organizational development
- Strong consulting skills, adept at building relationships and gaining consensus through communications, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Familiar with the assessment instruments most commonly used to support individual selection and development. Certification in Hogan, OPQ, KF360 and/or Via Edge is a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others