State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Derivatives Specialist, Associate 1
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-633611
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The team in Poland deals with the complex futures and options processing, for the entire European exchange traded derivatives Centre of Excellence book of business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing banks and client service teams on all sites.
Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that transactions are processed accurately and on time for our clients’ funds. Ensure that the client instructions are processed and reconciled versus clearing broker statements.
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing
- Point of contact for any routine queries raised by an internal department
- Daily communication with Investment Manager on outstanding items in conjunction with Team Leader/ members of the corresponding departments / sites.
- Resolution of outstanding issues from other departments, e.g. Fund Accounting, Shareholder Services, Financial Control.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in meetings
- Assist with internal/external related audit queries
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Ensure that relevant reporting is prepared and reviewed
- Prepare and Maintain Document process flows and procedures
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates on as needed basis.
WORK PARAMETERS OR BOUNDARIES:
- Internal procedures and regulations
- FSA Regulations
- Accounting Standards
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
Working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
University Students or Graduates.
PREVIOUS LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
Experience in a commercial environment such as banking or insurance would be advantageous.
CRITICAL BEHAVIORS FOR SUCCESS AS DEFINED BY THE PPR SYSTEM AT CORE LEVEL
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Good command of English
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.