State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Depositary LUX AIFMD Team Manager
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-634375
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Manager is responsible for managing a team servicing a select number of clients to ensure all depositary activities are carried out effectively and efficiently by a team of experienced depositary staff.
- Establish and maintain appropriate control environment to ensure the Bank fulfils its depositary obligations
- Create and implement depositary procedures
- Maintain the departmental procedures manual in a standardized format
- Review and sign-off on all Depositary related work
- Keep up-to-date with related business, technical and regulatory developments (incl. AIFMD)
- Interact with Group Compliance in relation to queries and the delivery of the compliance monitoring plan
- Work with clients to resolve queries and escalate any issues
- Provide departmental reporting to management
- Manage and develop a team conducting annual performance reviews for direct reports, one-to one meetings
- Assist with training, development and motivation of the team to ensure a positive working environment
- A strong team player with commitment to deliver outstanding client service
- An ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate good supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A confident manner and the ability to communicate with clients and the team effectively
- Managing Projects
Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years depositary or fund administration (fund accounting) experience within the funds industry
- Pervious managerial experience
- Knowledge of Private Equity / Fund of Funds/ Hedge Funds
- Good level of Excel skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in finance/accounting/financial markets
What We Offer
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.