State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Collateral Subject Matter Expert, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-640978
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed.
- Support client services, ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Answer queries from different departments, investigate and solve discrepancies
- Independently review and document process flows/ procedures and contribute new ideas/improvements to further streamline the process
- Get involved in departmental and external ad-hoc projects
- Train and develop other team members
- Prepare monthly internal and external statistics
- Build new tools, coordinate implementation of improvements
- Be a change agent, support LEAN efforts
- Coordinate and support ad-hoc client requests
- Participate in processes on-boarding, testing
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in asset management industry or banking or finance is required
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting is preferred
- Knowledge of OTC markets / derivative instruments or VBA would be an advantage
- Understanding of financial markets basics is recommended
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Numeracy skills
- Good command of English is required
- Accuracy to work with tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial markets basics is needed
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.