Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Supervisor in Fund Accounting Audit Control
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Audit Control Supervisor to join our Team. In this role you will oversee the compiling and reconciliation of mutual fund accounting packages and European Tax packages for all funds. You will work closely with the senior account managers in meeting critical deadlines and you will be the point person in managing the audits with external audit firms, financial reporting teams and internal accounting groups. The position ensures the Firm’s clients audit packages are accurate and delivered timely. You will be responsible for coordinating a team work and people management.
If you have fund accounting experience and looking for a new discipline to effectively use your skill sets, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with internal teams in Accounting Operations and Client Service Teams.
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests promptly and accurately.
- Analyze validity of reconciliation proofs and differences.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of audit packaging of accounting records and reports though analysis and review of fund accounting activities.
- Supervise a specialized accounting group ensuring timely and accurate product delivery.
- Consistently provide employees with constructive and timely feedback.
- Assign responsibility effectively based on expertise and strengths of team members.
- Monitor volume, workflows and overtime of team. Identify and resolve workflow issues.
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- BS/BA degree preferably in finance or accounting
- Minimum 4-6 years of fund accounting experience.
- Knowledge of corporate actions, equity, fixed income, derivative investments and emerging markets.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills to provide highest level of customer service.
- Proactive communication - looking for the data and information in many different sources.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work on Polish Holidays.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.