Software Strategy Senior Consultant
EY-Parthenon is a part of EY and is one of the largest global strategy consulting organizations, with more than 6,500 professionals. We help CEOs and business leaders design and deliver transformative strategies across the entire enterprise, to help build long-term value to all stakeholders. Due to rapid expansion, we are now looking for candidates to join our Warsaw team and we want you to explore our Software Strategy Senior Consultant. The Software Strategy Group (SSG) is a specialized advisory software practice within EY-Parthenon serving private equity investors and their portfolio companies from diligence through strategy and execution. SSG provides investment and acquisition guidance (including commercial, product, and technology diligence), strategy/value creation and transaction advisory services to companies and investors in the software economy. EY-Parthenon SSG teams have completed hundreds of successful projects and provide a unique capability to help companies make critical decisions and complete successful transactions.
For our fast growing Team, we are looking for a candidate to join the Strategy & Transactions Technology Team, focused on providing full support for transaction services dedicated to our clients, who are the biggest and most impactful companies across the globe. SSG team members conduct primary and secondary research, synthesize and analyze data, build and test hypotheses, and deliver strategic advice to our clients to help them make informed decisions. We have developed the models, industry contacts, benchmarks and methods designed for the software economy. Additionally, SSG works with internal Executive Directors who have been CTOs and CEOs in early and late stage software companies. The combination of the Executive Director team, our Consultants and Vice Presidents with deep software expertise, provides a unique opportunity for you to learn from the best in the field.
Your key responsibilities
As part of the Software Strategy Group, you will build bridges between technology and business models in order to create transparency in transaction situations and strategy projects. They examine all types of software, but also interview CTO’s, developers and various IT specialists and discuss the results with investors. Among other things, you will take part in transaction projects, from the venture capital financing round for a start-up’s to multinational projects worth billions, such as joint ventures. You take on a variety of tasks:
- Automated and manual analyses of source code, software architectures, software system landscapes and mobile applications
- Examination of software development processes, software deployment in both on-premise and (multi) cloud environments and the tools used for this
- Assessment of the software and especially its functionalities with regard to the company's business model (Fit for Purpose)
- Advising management / investors on transformative issues, e.g. refactoring software or converting software development processes
- Participation in software development projects at EY
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting and portfolio optimization
- Review transaction rationale and/or deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction
- Manage workstreams and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Develop, manage and mentor junior team members
- You bring that with you - skills with which you can shape the future:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in one of the following areas: software development (at a corporate level or start-up), digital transformation, analytics or modelling
- Completed degree as a computer scientist, business informatics specialist, industrial engineer or career changer, ideally with a focus on software development and the cloud
- High affinity to transactions / M&A, to the start-up scene and to technologies of all kinds
- Mastery of one or more programming languages (C #, Python, Java, etc.), ideally experience with microservice-oriented architecture in multi-cloud environments, e.g. via Docker and Docker Swarm / Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal command of English (min. C1)
- Great willingness to learn and perform, strong ability to work in a team as well as an independent and responsible way of working, empathetic personality with clear objectives and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness of travel in approx. 20-30% of time, depends on a project nature (current travels are suspended due to the COVID-19 situation) Ideally, you’ll also have
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- An MBA or related graduate degree
- At least three years of related work experience, with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services environment
- We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What working at EY offers
- Possibility to work with top brands across Europe and other global players
- Innovative and varied consulting activities, especially in the assessment of a wide variety of technologies
- Outstanding career opportunities through individual support, challenging project work and a strong EY network
- Opportunity to learn from experience M&A practitioners,
- Visit interesting places, mainly in Europe, while executing projects for our clients
- Attractive remuneration package linked to your individual and team performance,
- Culture of support, coaching and open feedback.
Tworzymy miejsce pracy przyjazne osobom z niepełnosprawnościami.
O EY Polska
Jesteśmy globalną firmą doradczą - pomagamy przedsiębiorcom, organizacjom i społecznościom najlepiej wykorzystać swój potencjał.
Realizujemy projekty w zakresie: Audytu, Doradztwa Podatkowego, Transakcyjnego i Biznesowego (w tym IT).
Zatrudniamy ponad 240 000 wyjątkowych ludzi w ponad 150 krajach na świecie. W Polsce jest nas ponad 2800, a pracujemy w: Warszawie, Gdańsku, Katowicach, Krakowie, Łodzi, Poznaniu i Wrocławiu.
Codziennie tworzymy razem niesamowite rzeczy.
Mamy ludzi, ścieżkę rozwoju i szkolenia, dzięki którym również Ty poradzisz sobie z najbardziej prestiżowymi projektami.
EY jest pracodawcą równych szans, doceniamy różnorodność w zakresie wiedzy i doświadczenia naszych pracowników.
EY zapewnia wszystkim kandydatom jednakowe szanse w procesie rekrutacji, niezależnie od płci, wieku, rasy, wyznania, orientacji seksualnej, pochodzenia, niepełnosprawności lub jakiejkolwiek innej prawnie chronionej podstawy, zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.